Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Life of a Tai Tai @ Bkk

#Throwback... #Bkk 

Life in BKK- everything seems to be really cheap as compared with Singapore. A dress that only cost $4-$5 SGD?! A thick jacket that only cost $8SGD? I simply love BKK. Then... this qn came to my mind. "Will you want to stay in Bkk forever?" The answer in my mind was a definite NO. It's place where tourist will like if it's for shopping. But if come to living there, i guess it wont be some place that people would like to stay for long. Healthcare? Transportation? Education? You know. I know.

I used to bargain a lot when buying things in BKK. But recently, i don't do it anymore if prices are reasonable enough. Having a discount of 10 - 20 bahts is like not even a dollar SGD, whereas it's a big money to them. I go for clothes which only cost less than 200 baht. Anything more than that, i'll give it a miss, unless i like it very much. 

Sometime, what i don't like about BKK, they tend to charge tourist more than locals on the clothes. For example, i went to a shop, seeing the prices stated there 3 for 90 baht each. However, was told by the seller is 3 for 100baht each. SEE! Well... that's life. 

Half of my loots are here! Very satisfied with my loots! =DD Avg 150baht each! <3 

Ohya! I read a news recently. Thailand is going to charge tourist 500baht for the entry fees with effect starting on Jan 2014! =((

No comments:

Post a Comment